- 1 quarter Large Watermelon Peeled and cut in small pieces, about 5 cups of fruit.
- 2 cups Orange Juice
- 1 bottle Champagne or Prosecco Chilled
- Fresh mint leaves For garnish.
- Blend the watermelon chunks with the orange juice until you have a smooth mix.
- Strain the watermelon orange mix.
- Chill the watermelon orange mix in the refrigerator until ready to prepare the drinks. If you have time prepare and chill the juice mix overnight, then strain it again before serving. This helps prevent the mimosas from overflowing.
- Pour the watermelon orange mix into champagne flutes, about half full.
- Add the champagne or prosecco, pouring it gently.
- Stir gently and garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.